Introduction to the AWL using synonyms: Sublist 1- 4
This is a great lesson to introduce the Academic Word List (AWL).
- It begins with a small explanation about the AWL.
- This is then followed with a focus activity on Sublist 1 by identifying possible synonyms – this helps students to become acquainted with the AWL.
- The final activity is a sentence gap fill sheet to consolidate understanding (two worksheets difficult or easier).
- The PDF book includes 4 lessons for Sublist 1-4 and an animated PowerPoint.
- Time: 30-60 mins per lesson /
- PPT link in download
- Level ***** [B1/B2/C1] /
- TEACHER MEMBERSHIP